Acoustic isolation and energy insulating system for separating party cavity walls within multi-rise developments.
Monarfloor® Wall Cap RDA2 isolates the load-bearing leaves from the separating floor, reducing the acoustic flanking sound transmission within the structure. Monarfloor Wall Cap RDA2 also ensures the integrity of acoustic treatments for party walls and floors. Whilst providing ‘effective edge sealing’ as required in approved document L1A of the building regulations (2010), SAP 2012 & Section 6 of the Scottish Building Standards. Monarfloor® Wall Cap RDA2 can be used in typical masonry, Timber, steel and concrete forms of construction.
Features and Benefits
- Isolates the separating floor from the load bearing party wall.
- Reduces the flanking sound transmission energy within the structure.
- Superior acoustic isolation performance.
- Can be used as an isolator / innovative flanking detail with any acoustic flooring treatment.
- Easily installed within current standard wall constructions.
- Significantly improves the acoustic isolation of the building when used in conjunction with other Monarfloor® acoustic systems for party walls and floors.
- Ensures the robustness of other acoustic systems for party walls and party floors.
- Demonstrates a significant cost saving and flexibility in the design and build of the building.
- Surpasses performance requirements of Approved Document E of the Building Regulations (England & Wales) & Section 5 of the Scottish building Standard.
- Can be used to improve the acoustic performance and gain credits towards The Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Provides ‘effective edge sealing’ as required to meet Approned Document L of the building regulations (2010) for party cavity walls, SAP (2012) & Section 5 of the Scottish Building Standards.
- Specified within the Robust Details Handbook (Appendix A2) as of October 2011.
||Unit of Sale
||Monarfloor Wall Cap RDA2 (kit comprising 1 roll of Wall Cap RDA2 membrane and 30 Wall Cap RDA2 clips, 2 rolls of Wall Cap RDA2 quilt with 40 RDA2 ties).
||8m x 400mm
Product Data and Performance
||Wall Cap RDA2 Membrane – Bitumen composite with acoustically rated fillers and fire retardant.
Wall Cap RDA2 Clips – Structural grade galvanised steel. RDA2 Quilt - Reconstituted polyetherpolyurethane.
||Wall Cap RDA2 is supplied as a system kit and will work with all common UK cavity widths.
The kit it supplied to suffice 8 linear meters of party wall.
||Weight 23kg (nominal)
Installation At A Glance (Masonry)
- Build the load-bearing party walls to the desired height.
- Locate Wall Cap RDA2 clips equally at approximately 600mm centres on both leaves along the length of the party cavity wall.
- Roll Wall Cap RDA2 membrane over the full length of the prepared cavity wall, return the overhangs down the face of the masonry blocks and clip into the Wall Cap RDA2 clips.
- For jointing, butt the Wall Cap RDA2 membrane tight and locate further Wall Cap RDA2 clips at these junctions.
- Once the separating floor is fully installed, proceed to build the party and flanking walls.
- All wall /floor junctions must be isolated in the same manner as the build continues upwards.
- Wall Cap RDA2 membranes can be overlapped where necessary.
- Continue to build the cavity wall.
- Bed the first Tie in position within the mortar bed, close to start of the wall.
- Continue bedding the Ties in at approx every 450mm centres.
- Roll out the first layer of RDA2 Quilt in the cavity between the two floor planks ensuring that the bottom edge of the Quilt returns across the cavity and that the top edge of the Quilt covers the first block joint.
- Fix the Quilt in position by pushing it onto the ties, ensuring it penetrates the Quilt.
- Build the second course between the masonry leaves by repeating the above process.
- Lock the Ties in position by pushing the Tie Locking Caps over the open ends, cut excess Tie flush with the Locking Cap.
- Once Quilt is fully installed complete the build of the party wall.
For optimum acoustic isolation, the party cavity wall should have Monarfloor® Wall Cap RDA2 built in at every storey and flanking walls isolated from the precast floor slab with Monarfloor Wall Cap 200 & Isolation Strips.